Christians are clearly called to care for orphans, a group so close to the heart of Jesus. In reality, most of the 153 million orphaned and vulnerable children in the world do not need to be adopted, and not everyone needs to become an adoptive parent. However, there are other very important ways to help beyond adoption.
Indeed, caring for orphaned and vulnerable children requires us to care about related issues from child trafficking and HIV/AIDS to racism and poverty. Too often, we only discuss or theologize the issues, relegating the responsibility to governments.
No one can do everything, but everyone can do something. Based on his own personal journey toward pure religion, Johnny Carr moves readers from talking about global orphan care to actually doing something about it in Orphan Justice. Combining biblical truth with the latest research, this inspiring book:
• investigates the orphan care and adoption movement in the U.S. today
• examines new data on the needs of orphaned and vulnerable children
• connects “liberal issues” together as critical aspects or orphan care
• discovers the role of the church worldwide in meeting these needs
• develops a tangible, sustainable action plan using worldwide partnerships
• fleshes out the why, what, and how of global orphan care
• offers practical steps to getting involved and making a difference
The book, Orphan Justice: How to Care for Orphans Beyond Adopting [Bulk, Wholesale, Quantity] ISBN# 9781433677984 in Paperback by Carr, Johnny;Faidley, Laura may be ordered in bulk quantities. Minimum starts at 25 copies. Availability based on publisher status and quantity being ordered.