R.J. Palacio’s 365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne’s Book of Precepts, a companion book to #1 New York Times bestselling ... Read More
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Users may browse and read our general website content anonymously, without revealing personal information other than default information customarily logged by our website and its host server.
- We collect more specific information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication (such as email), or participate in other site features.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. This information may be used to fulfill your order(s) and/or to display your company’s name and logo (but not an individual’s personal name) on our featured customer page. For more information about the Featured Customer page, please refer to the “What is the Featured Customer Page?” section below.
- You always have the option to choose not to use services or features which require you to provide specific personal information, though this choice may limit the website services and features available to you.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. Information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To process your transactions promptly.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To display our customers’ corporate names and logos on our “Featured Customer” page. For more information about the Featured Customer page, please refer to the “What is the Featured Customer Page?” section below.
- To review and update or improve our website, its functionality, and the products and services we offer you and our other customers.
- If you have opted-in to receive our email newsletter, we may send you periodic emails.
- If you have opted-in to receive our email newsletter, we may send you periodic emails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional email from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive email newsletters, you will not receive these emails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as placing orders, marketing programs, and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our email list and receive email communications from us.
HOW DO WE PROTECT VISITOR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
DO WE USE "COOKIES"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
We may automatically collect certain information from all users, including: (a) the date and time of website access, (b) the originating IP address from which you accessed the website, (c) the Internet address of third-party websites from which you accessed our website, and (d) pages and portions of the website you views or access. We do not combine general information collected from website visitors with other information to determine your identity or email address without your consent. We use general information collected using cookies and similar technologies in order to provide access to the website, to review and evaluate our services, and for other internal informational purposes only.
WHAT IS THE FEATURED CUSTOMER PAGE?
DO WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include www.book-pal.com. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. In addition, we reserve the right to identify corporate customers (including both corporations and all other recognized entity forms, such as limited liability companies and joint ventures) and their logos or trademarks on our “featured customer page” – provided that such identification is limited to the company name and trademark or logo and will not include order or contact information or the name of any individual.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
HOW CAN YOU OPT-OUT, REMOVE OR MODIFY INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO US?
To modify your email subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
To request removal of your company name from our “featured customer page” please contact customer service. Removal of company names and/or logos from the featured customer page may take several days to complete.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
ONLINE POLICY ONLY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.